Screen Printing Imprint Placement Guide
Placing your imprint in the correct spot on the t-shirt can be tricky. Here is a placement guide, as well as some tips.
- Do a test print on a rag shirt first if possible
- Back prints are generally 1" lower drop than front prints
- Ladies tees are usually 1" higher drop
- Ladies tank tops are usually a 1" total drop
- When printing hooded sweatshirts, the back print should be dropped an additional couple of inches so the print is visible and not covered by the hood of the sweatshirt
- Odd and imaginative imprint placement can be a creative way to make your print stand out
- When printing on the side of t-shirts, be aware that the shirt may have a side seam, and make sure your customer is ok with a print over the seam.
Always have fun with it!
DOWNLOAD THE GUIDE IN PDF FORMAT HERE